March 31 marks the 5th book birthday of my picture book THE SEAGOING COWBOY.
- If you already have a copy of your own, you can purchase a copy of the book to give to your public library or church library, to an elementary school child, or to an elementary school teacher. The book can be purchased through Brethren Press.
- If your public library already has a copy, check the book out periodically to see that it stays in circulation. Books that aren’t checked out over a period of time are usually culled.
- If your public library already has a copy, recommend the book to friends for them to check out.
- Read the book or have the book read at your church’s children’s time on an appropriate Sunday once your congregation is meeting in person again. If your church raises funds for Heifer International, that would be the perfect time.
- Ask your local independent book store to consider carrying some copies.
- I decided it was high time to open a Facebook page dedicated to the book and to the seagoing cowboys whose stories the book encapsulates. If you’re on Facebook, help me celebrate this wonderful history by “liking” and “following” my page and sharing it with others.
The seagoing cowboys played a large role in World War II recovery, and their stories need to be preserved. I invite you to join me on this journey!